2016 UCCE Master Food Preserver Training
Who Can Apply
- Priority given to Solano County residents. If space allows, neighboring county residents may be accepted.
- Applicants must be comfortable using a computer and accessing the internet. Quizzes and homework are online/paper; class communication is via email.
- If you have special needs and/or require assistance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
What We'll Do
- Review applicants. Main criteria for acceptance: 1) prior community service, 2) experience teaching, either by giving presentations, writing, or in one-to-one situations, 3) experience/interest in home food preservation.
- Conduct interviews.
- Request a background check, including fingerprinting.
- Teach you how to preserve food successfully using scientifically researched home processes.
- Provide you with plenty of volunteer and continuing education opportunities.
What You'll Do if Accepted
- Pay the $250 course fee.
- Attend the 6 classes. Only one class may be missed and that class’ lesson and lab must be completed with a mentor.
- Complete the fingerprinting process.
After Graduation: Your Annual Participation
- Attend monthly MFP business meetings.
- Complete 50 volunteer hours your first year, then 25 volunteer and 12 continuing education hours each year thereafter.
- Take an annual food safety recertification test.
UCCE Capitol Corridor, Fairfield Office
501 Texas St., First Floor
Fairfield, CA 94533
Training Fee: $250
Training Dates and hours:
Oct. 31 - 9am-4pm
Nov. 1 - 10am-4pm
Nov. 14 - 10am-4pm
Nov. 15 - 10am-4pm
Nov. 28 - 10am-4pm
Nov. 29 - 10am-4pm